Talking to myself while I’m planning and letting you eavesdrop on the conversation, here is the week I hope to have:
11.13.22 – 11.19.22
- 13th – Colts football game Gee. Any news this past week? Anything out of the ordinary happen?
- 16th – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ Greatest Hits (1993)
- 17th – The Little Mermaid (1989)
First things first …
- What is essential?
- What should I reschedule or omit?
- What do I need help with?
- What can I delegate?
- Where can I cut corners or compromise? The goal is to take care of my home and family without running myself into the ground.
To Do / Enjoy / Remember:
- CATCH UP WEEK: anything from the last few weeks I need to catch up with?
- Begin forcing paperwhites
- Polish silver trays
- Rake leaves, yard work
- Assemble a Winter car kit
- Deep clean the oven
- Clean behind the stove
- Clean behind the fridge
- Purchase an extra pumpkin pie (my son’s favorite) to have the weekend after Thanksgiving
- Deep clean the dining room Our dining room doubles as our homeschool area and right now it’s out of control. Yikes, babies. Super yikes.
- Tidy storage areas:
- Closet under the stairs
- Linen closet
- Guest coat closet
- If hosting Thanksgiving:
- “set the stage” for serving
- set the meal plan
- map the cooking timeline
- If traveling:
- confirm travel plans/vehicle rental/lodging
- confirm pet boarding
- start packing suitcases
- Plan the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving meal
- Come up with a Black Friday sales plan
- Come up with a Small Business Saturday plan
- Come up with a Cyber Monday sales plan
- I think my plan for all three big holiday sales days might be to ignore them unless there’s a deal for something specific on my list. Our budget is tight and I cannot risk being influenced to spend more than our planned amount.
- Change the letterboard
- Update Roku screen saver – I use family photos
- Write down the kids’ December sports and club schedules
- Any holiday events to make note of?
- Did you guys see this from Simple Bites? Looks like a good one to bookmark: How to Eat Well and Spend Less
I plan to put up my feet and knit along to …
- The Frasier Thanksgiving episodes
- Holiday Baking Championship
- Christmas Cookie Challenge
- Gingerbread Showdown
- The Santa Clauses
This is a good time of year to bookmark the Christmas TV Schedule site.
My main influences:
- Martha Stewart’s monthly calendars in her magazine (no longer in print)
- Cynthia Ewer’s Organized Home, which she has retired
- Alison May’s Brocante Home
- Frasier. Yes, the television show from the 1990s. You laugh, but it’s true.
Be brave. Be kind. Keep going. I’m so proud of us!