Here is the week I hope to have:
- 8th – Elvis’ birthday, David Bowie’s birthday
- 14th – Wombats: Fix Yourself, Not the World (2022) Christopher gave me the eco edition vinyl for our 22nd-anniversary last summer
First things first …
- What is essential?
- Do I need help?
- Where can I compromise?
To Do / Enjoy / Remember:
- January low/no spend $
- Back to home sweet homeschool
- Take down the Christmas tree A bit later than usual, but I wanted to leave it up until all of our extended family celebrations were held
- Continue organizing, downsizing holiday decor as I’m putting it away
- Family movie/game/Lego night – something to take the edge off of the holidays being over and the college kiddos being gone
- Declutter creative spaces/craft projects
- Make decisions about UFOs (unfinished objects)
- Go over the seasonal calendar and get dates written down for Winter / early Spring
- Plan any Spring travel (rental, hotels, dog boarding, budget forecasting)
- Start planning rest of 2023 vacations and breaks – nothing “set in stone” just a general timeline and budget estimate
- Go through magazines, add to seasonal folders
- Buy any needed bedding during annual sales I’m on a low / no spend budget currently, so unless it’s a bargain that I currently have cash for, I’m noting what we need and saving up for future purchases
- Check expiration dates on driver’s licenses, license plates, car registration
- Tidy up the kitchen
- Organize the pantry
- Replace dish sponge
- Clean the toaster
- Clean stop-top fan with hot water and Dawn
- Vacuum HVAC fan vent covers
- Clean the box fans, stand fans
- Be prepared for late Winter snow Replenish anything the “Major Lizard” used up last month
- Start compiling 2022 income tax info
- Update Roku screensaver – I use family photos and rotate them frequently
I plan to put up my feet and knit along to:
- The Barefoot Contessa, catching up with past seasons on Discovery +
- I started Frasier February, my annual rewatch, early this year
My current influences:
- Martha Stewart’s monthly calendars from her magazine (no longer in print).
- Alison May’s Brocante Home website and online community as well as her seasonal home books.
Thank you, sweethearts, for how kind you’ve been to this little blog of lists.
I want to approach blogging differently this time around. No pressure on me and no pressure on you. Just a basic but truly helpful site.
This space is finding its audience, thanks in part to you sharing my links and pinning my lists on Pinterest. Thank you!
A habit I’m carrying into 2023 is doing good things for myself. Writing here is good for me.
So, thank you for reading and thank you for spreading the word!