Welcome! My name is Kara. You can learn more about me and why I write this blog here.
First, let me apologize for not sharing my list last week. Blue Monday might not be an actual scientific event, but it sure felt real to me last week.
Onward and upward!
Here is the week I hope to have:
- 22nd – Chinese New Year (Rabbit)
- 27th – Chocolate Cake day
First things first …
- What on my list is essential?
- Do I need help?
- Where can I compromise?
To Do / Enjoy / Remember:
- January low / no spend $
- Catch up with January lists
- Refill birdfeeders
- Order seeds for the garden
- Survey property for tree damage after the recent storms
- Encourage the kids to work on their bedrooms and go through this closets
- Declutter toys / Donate
- Go room by room and update the master list HOME MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
- Boiling water, baking soda, and vinegar to clear drains
- Replace dish sponge (every 2 weeks)
- Replace toothbrushes
- Clean washing machine
- Work on finishing up the 2022 Susan Branch Christmas Memories journal, add photos
- Write down February sports and extracurricular schedule
- Update Roku screensaver – I use family photos and rotate them frequently
I plan to put up my feet and knit along to …
- I started my annual Frasier rewatch a bit early, so it’s Frasier February in January
- Christopher and I have restarted the Marvel Chronological watch. (We originally started in 2020 but it’s been sloooooow going.)
My current influences:
- Martha Stewart’s monthly calendars from her magazine (no longer in print).
- Alison May’s Brocante Home website and online community as well as her seasonal home books.
Thank you, sweethearts, for how kind you’ve been to this little blog of lists.
I want to approach blogging differently this time around. No pressure on me and no pressure on you. My goal is simply to provide a basic but helpful site.
Thank you for reading!
Let’s be kinder than necessary. (But with firm boundaries, okay babies? With firm boundaries.) Be brave. Be kind. Keep going.