Welcome! My name is Kara. You can learn more about me and why I write this blog here.
Here is the week I hope to have:
- 9th – Easter / Spring family celebration
- 12th – Grilled Cheese Day
- Our annual Tax Man date ❤️ my husband works in finance, so this is our long standing tradition for surviving Tax Season each year
First things first …
- What is essential?
- Do I need help?
- Where can I compromise? No one is going to perish if the cookies are store bought.
To Do / Enjoy / Remember: Kara’s Big List
I have a file I call The Big List. It has been compiled from years of calendars and To Do lists and is arranged weekly. The list is what I want to remember, celebrate, and accomplish. 🖤
- Listen to the news ONLY when I’m washing dishes (you likely don’t need to do this, but I need to do it right now, so I’m being intentional and putting it in writing)
- This is a Pay Day week for us:
- Budget x Paycheck (I use a printable from The Budget Mom to do this.)
- ATM, cash envelope stuffing
- Add to Christmas 2023 savings
- Make deposit to the college kid’s account
- Change the letterboard
- Wipe out the cutlery drawer
- Schedule gutter cleaning
- Add a layer of compost to the container garden
- Prepare for Spring storms
- Batteries in weather radio
- Batteries in flashlights
- Review tornado plan with the family
- Prune trees, schedule the “tree guy”
- Clean washing machine filter (4x/year)
- Catch up: anything from the last few weeks I need to finish up?
- Update the screensaver on the Roku I use family photos and switch them out weekly
I plan to put up my feet and knit along to:
- 14th – FRASIER 4:22 “Are You Being Served?” the anniversary of Frasier the lab rat’s death (the hot and foamy episode)
- I am working my way through the Marvel Chronological watch.
- Spring Baking Championship
- Watch Judy Garland in Easter Parade
My current influences:
- Martha Stewart’s monthly calendars from her magazine (no longer in print).
- Alison May’s Brocante Home website and online community as well as her seasonal home books.
- Melissa Michael’s book A Lovely Life. (affiliate link)
- Frasier. I know. But it’s true. I recently wrote some lists about the show and I am creating a little landing page to organize them and share with you. ☕️🎙️🐶
Thank you for how kind you’ve been to this little blog of lists.
I am approaching blogging differently this time around. No pressure on me and no pressure on you. Just a basic but (I hope) truly helpful little website.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you got what you needed this week, babies. And if not, I hope next week is better.