Welcome! My name is Kara. You can learn more about me and why I write this blog here.
These are the words that I write down to make sure that I’m paying attention to my own life.
Here is the week I hope to have:
- 16th – IndyCar at Long Beach
- 18th – TAX DAY
- 20th – Pineapple Upside-down Cake day
- 22nd – Beagle Day
- 22nd – Earth Day
- 22nd – Record Store Day
First things first …
- What is essential?
- Do I need help?
- Where can I compromise? No one is going to perish if the cookies are store bought.
To Do / Enjoy / Remember: Kara’s Big List
I have a file I call The Big List. It has been compiled from years of calendars and To Do lists and is arranged weekly. The list is what I want to remember, celebrate, and accomplish.
- Wash and store heavy sweaters I think it’s finally safe weather-wise here to do this.
- Late spring wardrobe refresh
- Edge the driveway and patio
- Deep clean washer and dryer
- Cut daffodils and make some arrangements for around the house (living room, kitchen, home office)
- Replace dish sponge (every 2 weeks)
- My cupboards are pretty much disasters. I have decided to clean one cupboard a day over a couple of weeks. I have half of my kitchen cupboards left to clean, but this has been a non intimidating way to accomplish this task.
- Catch up: anything from the last few weeks I need to finish up?
- Update the screensaver on the Roku I use family photos and switch them out weekly
- Listen to the news ONLY when I’m washing dishes (you likely don’t need to do this, but I need to do it right now, so I’m being intentional and putting it in writing)
I plan to put up my feet and knit along to:
- I am working my way through the Marvel Chronological watch.
- Spring Baking Championship
- 18th – Jane Leeves’ birthday
- Watch a few Daphne centered Frasier episodes
- Have Devonshire clotted cream
- 22nd – Shrek (2001)
My current influences:
- Martha Stewart’s monthly calendars from her magazine (no longer in print).
- Alison May’s Brocante Home website and online community as well as her seasonal home books.
- Melissa Michael’s book A Lovely Life. (affiliate link)
- I write lists of Frasier things. You can find them here: The Frasier Lists
Thank you for how kind you’ve been to this little blog.
I am approaching blogging differently this time around. No pressure on me and no pressure on you. Just a basic but I hope truly helpful little website.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you got what you needed this week, babies. And if not, I hope next week is better.
I hope you find beauty, a tiny joy that you can tuck away in your breast pocket. We can place our hands over our hearts and think of each other.
Be brave. Be kind. Keep going.